Where to get good food in Staunton, Virginia!
If you aren’t enthusiastically excited about reading the following list, please read this blog post:
The importance of being earnest about local food!
- Nu-Beginning Farm’s “The Store”: a Farm-to-Table Cafe and Grocery
- LUNdCH: very, very delicious food with a different menu each week
- Cranberry’s Grocery and Eatery: tasty cafe and grocery with many natural products
- Lewis Creek Market: offering gourmet deli foods & wine tastings
- Staunton Farmers’ Market: Wednesdays 8-1 and Saturdays 7-12, starting April/May
- North Augusta Farmers’ Market: Wednesdays 12-5, starting April
- Waynesboro Farmers’ Market: Wednesdays 2:30-6pm, starting April 14th
- Harrisonburg Farmers’ Market: Tuesdays and Saturdays, 7am-1pm, starting April
- PolyFace Farm in Swoop, VA. Hormone and antibiotic-free beef, pork, chicken, rabbit, varied organ meats, eggs
- Donald’s Meat Processing in Lexington. USDA inspected facility that carries hormone, antibiotic-free, local beef (from Buffalo Creek Beef), pork, lamb and chicken + eggs, butter, cheese, baked goods, sauces and more.
- Shenandoah Farms 1167 Crooked Run Road, Mt. Jackson, Virginia
- Sunrise Farm 2177 Tinkling Spring Rd., Stuarts Draft, VA
- JMD farm has grass-fed beef and farm-fresh eggs
- Eat Wild Virginia: Sources of quality meat in Virginia
- BuyLocalVirginia: Where to buy local produce in Virginia
- PickYourOwn: Where to pick your own produce in Virginia
- Project Grows: Youth-oriented community farm with CSA’s, field trips and work parties.
- VSDB Educational Farm: Working farm on VSDB’s campus, offering work parties.
- Food Policy Council: Advisory council to Staunton City’s Government focusing on connecting people of all income levels with healthful, local food.