Want a safe, natural pesticide? Paul Stamets, one of my heroes, has invented a “universal biopesticide” which is derived from mushrooms!
Big Ag has called this patent “The most disruptive technology that we have ever witnessed.” (I love it when huge companies that create destructive products whimper and cower under the loom of a natural solution.)
- Would eliminate the need for round-up ready GMO seeds.
- Provides near-permanent, safe solution for over 200,000 species of insects.
- Extract doesn’t kill insects, just steers them in another direction.
- If a farmer disperses a solution of pre-sporulation fungi amongst the crops, the insects would simply live their lives around the crops paying no attention to them.
- Essentially free- can be “cultivated on agricultural waste.”
- The reason these mushrooms grow to large numbers is because they eat crops, but if they’re not eating the crops, they won’t grow to large and creepy numbers.
- “The matrix of pre-sporulating fungi can optionally be dried, freeze-dried, cooled and/or pelletized and packaged and reactivated for use as an effective insect attractant and/or biopesticide.”