In the past week, a few people have asked me what I eat for breakfast, so here’s the scoop:
- Two eggs, fresh from happy chickens, purchased at The Store, scrambled with yellow squash, (from Geezer Farm), onion (from Dancing Star Farm), tomato from The Store (farmer unknown) & cubed fresh turmeric root, all lubed with butter (Kerrygold from Ireland, because it’s from grass-fed cows… I hope my next purchase will be a local source).
- Pickled okra, made by friends Colin & Jena.
- Not on the plate because they’re already in my belly: a couple fork-fulls of my homemade red cabbage sauerkraut (that I’d made 6 months ago and gleefully found in the back of the fridge only recently).
- Bulletproof coffee made with organic fair trade cold brew decaf (currently Red Rooster from Floyd, next bag will be “Brazil Bob-O-Link” from Lucas Roasting), more Kerrygold butter and MCT oil.
- Supplements: 3g vitamin C with bioflavonoids, 500mg magnesium, 25mg iodine, digestive enzymes, 90mg iron, methylated B12/folate, adaptogenic herbs for adrenal support, 200mcg selenium & astaxanthin (an antioxidant).